Thursday, June 16, 2016

Stitch Fix #14 - June 2016

I think I am officially an addict.  I skipped a month for the first time in about a year last month, but then I caved and ordered another fix this month.

What is Stitch Fix you might ask?  Here's a quick rundown:

Stitch Fix is a service that will send you five articles of clothing (or purses, scarves, jewelry, and now shoes) picked by a stylist at whatever interval you choose based on a style profile you fill out about yourself.  You pay a $20 styling fee for each box, but that money goes toward anything you keep.  So as long as at least one item works for you, there's nothing to lose.  And if you keep all five items, you get a 25% discount.

You don't have to sign up for a certain time period between fixes.  You could try it one time and never get another fix or get another one 2 years later!  There's no cost commitment until you schedule a fix.  When the box ships, that's when you are charged the $20 styling fee.

You can create a Pinterest board dedicated to your style and put the link in your style profile so that your stylist can see what items you like and why.  I love when I receive something I actually pinned or something very similar to a pin on my board!

Here is the note I wrote to my stylist this month:
 Same stylist (Anne) please! I would like more solid color tops/tanks to match my patterned shorts and skirts. I also could always use some jeans or pants (would love to try Kut from the Kloth brand!)

And here is what I received in my 14th Fix:

(1) Kut From The Cloth Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jean $78


From the pictures I'd seen of boyfriend jeans, I thought these were going to be a no.  But after trying them on, I think they look cute.  They are SO soft!  I've heard good things about Kut from the Kloth, and I finally understand.  I'm also not a big fan of the distressed look, but it's good to have one pair right?

(2) Market & Spruce Jenice Tulip Sleeve Knit Top $44


When I saw the grey color of this top, I was disappointed.  I have a lot of grey already, and it's too thin, see-through, and casual for work wear.  It's also pretty long.  I love the tulip sleeves, but that's about all I like about it.

(3) Market & Spruce Scott  Crochet Detail Knit Top $44



I had asked for tops to pair with my Dear John shorts from Fix #13.  This top is comfortable and can be paired with almost anything, but I'm not sure about the fit in the shoulders.  The lining there sticks out a bit more than I would like.  It does make quite a patriotic outfit with my red shorts.  My daughter wanted to join in on the fun!



 (4) 41Hawthorn Breyson Split Neck Pleated Sleeveless Blouse $54

I love the color yellow!  I have a similar yellow shirt, but the way it is hemmed at the bottom makes it hard to tuck into pants and skirts.  I tried it with my Level 99 Chino Pant from Fix #12


I also wanted another top to match my Pixley Polka Dot Skirt from Fix #5.  But now that I look back at that fix, I realize I had already tried it on with the other yellow top.  Should I keep this one too or just send it back since I don't think I'm keeping everything anyway?  



(5) Urban Expressions Elisha Zipper Accent Structured Satchel in Mint $64



 This bag was one of my first pins to my Stitch Fix board.  I have returned all the bags I have been sent because they aren't ever perfect, especially for the price.  I ended up buying a bag at Target for about $30 last time I wanted a new purse.  But this bag is a nice color and is very roomy.  I usually prefer small bags, but I feel that this one may be good for times I want to bring my camera with me when I'm traveling or walking around for a long period of time.  I also put on my Zad Metal Cuff from Fix #10 to dress up my outfit a bit.








So as always, I'm torn about which items to keep.  I'll have to take the next few days to think it over and decide.  I get three days to choose which items to keep and which I will send back.  I fill out a checkout survey to give specific feedback on each item so that my next fix can be even better.  Then I put the rejects in a prepaid envelope and drop it off at the post office.

Click here to sign up using my code!  I get a referral credit, and you get to join in on the fun!  Playing dress up has never been so easy!  Feedback and comments are always appreciated!  Have a great weekend, and stay cool!

Visit Crazy Together to see Maria's latest fix!  You can also click on other bloggers links as well!




Also, Stitch Fix is currently offering a great deal!  If you sign up for a fix using my referral code and receive your fix by July 28, we both get $25!  


No comments:

Post a Comment