Monday, March 28, 2016

Stitch Fix #12 - March 2016

Spring is here!  So is the pollen however.  Even so, I was able to take my pictures outside today with the beautiful trees blooming behind me.  My fix was also late this month.  I heard that there were warehouse troubles, so my fix came today instead of Friday.  I was a little bummed, especially since my photographer is now out of town!
 
For those of you who have never heard of Stitch Fix or want to know more about it, here's a quick run down:

Stitch Fix is a service that will send you five articles of clothing (or purses, scarves, jewelry, and now shoes) picked by a stylist at whatever interval you choose based on a style profile you fill out about yourself.  You pay a $20 styling fee for each box, but that money goes toward anything you keep.  So as long as at least one item works for you, there's nothing to lose.  And if you keep all five items, you get a 25% discount.

You don't have to sign up for a certain time period between fixes.  You could try it one time and never get another fix or get another one 2 years later!  There's no cost commitment until you schedule a fix.  When the box ships, that's when you are charged the $20 styling fee.

You can create a Pinterest board dedicated to your style and put the link in your style profile so that your stylist can see what items you like and why.  I love when I receive something I actually pinned or something very similar to a pin on my board!

This month is my 12th Fix.  Here is what I wrote to my stylist:
I want Ashley or Anne to style me! Would love some colored chinos and some short sleeved or sleeveless tops...it's already springtime in Georgia!

Anne was my stylist, and she listened my requests and delivered.  Here's what I received in my fix this month:

(1) Level 99 Patrick Chino Pant $108

These pants are SO soft!  They fit me well, and I feel that the color will match a lot of different tops.  They seem a little short on me, but I think that is only because I am not used to fitted pants--most of mine have been flared or boot cut until lately.  They have a tiny slit on the inside of the ankle and the cutest little button on the side pockets.

I tried them on with the Daniel Rainn blouse from Fix #4.

They seem to go well with either heels or flats, and I'm pretty sure they are a keeper!

(2) Pixley Panorama Henley Blouse $48


When I cheated and looked at the items being sent to me this month, I wasn't really excited about this one. 
Anne also suggested paired all these tops with my Just Black skinny jeans from Fix #7.  I'm kind of torn about this tank.  It may be a keeper just due to cost reasons if I keep everything else.  It looked very sheer before I tried it on, but I am able to wear it without a tank underneath which is a plus.

(3) Fun2Fun Genna Split Neck Top $44

I love this top because it is so lightweight and made of a non-silky material. I tried it on with my Dear John shorts from Fix #3 and also with the chinos from this fix. 

I feel like this shirt is very me.  I didn't take a close up of the pattern, but it has little flowers all over it.

(4) Skies are Blue Ortega Open Knit Perforated Cardigan $48



This cardigan is such a pretty color.  I like that it is solid and the perforations are a nice added touch.  I tried it on with my Le Sample tank from Fix #2 and some white pants.

I also wanted to see how it would look with dresses, so I tried it with the Brixon Ivy dress from Fix #9.
I think it will go with a lot, especially since it is solid.  It will also make a good layering piece for work.  I feel like the price is pretty good for this piece as well.

(5) Papermoon Mula Knit Tank $38

I love me some tank tops.  This one has a cut little cut out in the back.  It is high low style, so it will cover more of my rear.  I tried it with both skinny jeans and shorts.  The colors aren't my favorite, and I'm never one to grab horizontal stripes as a first choice, but this item also has a decent price.


 I think the biggest factor in this fix will be whether or not I keep the chinos.  I basically would get one item free and another next to nothing with the buy 5 discount.  So what do you think?  Are they all worth keeping?  Leave me some feedback in the comments!

And if you feel like giving Stitch Fix a try (even just 1 time!), please use my referral code by clicking here!  I get a small credit, and you get a box of new clothes to play dress up with!  Thanks for reading!

Maria at Crazy Together is hosting another link up!  Visit her page to check out other blogger's Stitch Fix posts!

6 comments:

  1. That cardigan is a beautiful color. It looks just fabulous on you with the polka dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the coral color! Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  2. I really love the gingham henley - I think you'll get a lot of use out of it this spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right! It's one of those items I never would have picked myself, but I'm sure I'll wear it!

      Delete
  3. I hope you are keeping this whole fix. It all looks great on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I did end up keeping all of them and have already worn 3 of the pieces!

      Delete