Thursday, June 4, 2015

Stitch Fix #3 - June 2015

I started using Stitch Fix in March 2015.  Basically, it's a service that will send you five articles of clothing picked by a stylist at whatever interval you choose based on a style profile you fill out about yourself.  You pay a $20 styling fee for each box, but that money goes toward anything you keep.  So as long as at least one item works for you, there's nothing to lose.  And if you keep all five items, you get a 25% discount.  My usual interval is once a quarter, but since I have not been keeping all items or spending as much as I thought (and because it's so addicting), I scheduled my 3rd fix to arrive a month after my 2nd. 
After my first fix, I created a Pinterest page dedicated to styles I like.  I share that link with my stylist so that she can see what I like.  I can also send a note to her about anything specific I would like in a certain box. This month I requested a specific bag, shorts, shirts for work, and a dress or tank for our anniversary trip to Asheville at the end of the month.  They also allow you to give specific feedback on the items so that they know why you kept or returned something.  This process should help them get to know your likes and dislikes as well as any little quirks about your style.

Here is what I received in my third fix:

(1) Papermoon Waters Printed Maxi Dress $68



I do not own any maxi dresses and usually don't like the way my backside looks, but this pattern was on the top of my pile, and I immediately thought it was pretty.  It has an elastic waistline, and I am able to move it so that the dress does not drag on the floor.  It's one of those items that I probably would never have picked for myself.  I will have to think more about it because I think I like it. 

(2) Renee C Genevieve V-Neck Blouse $38

This blouse is a pretty color, and I like that it has sleeves, but my first thought was that it was awfully sheer and would probably need something underneath.  The fall of the sleeves is a little strange, but I do like the cut of the bottom of the shirt.  The price on this shirt is GREAT, but right now, I think this one will be returned. 

It's a little too loose looking on me.

(3) Papermoon Holland Zipper Detail Blouse $44



I really like the color of this shirt, but I also feel it is very sheer.  I am not a fan of the zipper, and I feel like it will irritate my chest or catch on a shirt that I am wearing underneath.  The bottom is a straight edge, and I feel like it pulls a little bit on my waist where it falls.  This shirt will probably go back as well. 

(4) Dear John Finnegan Roll Cuff Short $58

I am always looking for a good pair of shorts.  These are a good length, and they are not too tight.  They are denim, but they are the darker color that can be dressed up as well.  They are a little pricey, but I think I may keep them.




(5) Street Level Roll-Over Clutch $48 

 I have received a bag in all three of my fixes so far because I am searching for the perfect one.  The past two have been GIANT (for me) cross body styles, so I was excited about the clutch.  It is big enough to hold my daily necessities, and the strap can be added, removed, or shortened for use as a clutch, cross body, or shoulder bag.  I like the color, but it doesn't have a zipper.  I guess the roll-over would help keep everything inside. I am still deciding about this one as well.



 The inside has a zippered area.
It has a snap and magnets to hold it together.

So now the hard part.  Deciding what to keep over my three day period.  Any comments would be helpful, and if you have any questions about the service, I'd love to answer them.  Should I keep the maxi dress?  What about the bag?  Also, if you want to try out Stitch Fix, please use my referral code.  With each sign up that tries a fix, I receive a small credit to offset my fix addiction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment