Sunday, May 3, 2015

Stitch Fix #2 - May 2015


I started using Stitch Fix in March 2015.  Basically, it's a service that will send you five personally picked articles of clothing at whatever interval you choose based on a style profile you fill out about yourself.  You pay a $20 styling fee for each box, but that money goes toward anything you keep.  So as long as at least one item works for you, there's nothing to lose.  And if you keep all five items, you get a 25% discount.  I have scheduled my fixes for once a quarter, but with our beach trip coming up next week, I moved my second fix up to May 2015. After the first box, I created a Pinterest page dedicated to styles I like.  I share that link with my stylist so that she can see what I like.  I can also send a note to her about anything specific I would like in a certain box.  They also allow you to give specific feedback on the items so that they know why you kept or returned something.

Here are the five items I received in my second box:

(1) Fate Elyse Striped Sheer Sleeveless Top $48
(2) Margaret M Emer High Waisted Cropped Trouser $98






 I liked the shirt, but the bottom is a little snug around my hips, and I feel like it bunches up.  I'm also not sure about the sheerness of it because I will always have to wear a tank underneath it.



I am super torn about the pants.  I had received a polka dot pair that were tall in my last box and liked the fit but not the length.  Now these are the perfect length, but I feel like the pants are tugging around my butt and thighs.  And for the price, I don't know if I should keep them if I'm not totally in love.  They seem almost like leggings or workout pants.  I'm not sure how well they will stretch or how bad they actually look on me.  I like the higher waist because I can sit down without them gaping in the back or showing my underwear.  

(3) Kensie Thea Dress $54



 At first I felt this dress was a little too short, but I like the material.  My husband says the color/pattern is a little 90s.  I also don't like where the waist sits on me.  I feel like an A-line would have looked better on me.

(4) Moda Luxe Daytona Zip Pocket Hobo Bag






 I like the color of this bag.  I received a different bag in my last box, but didn't like the cross body style.  I do like the fact that this bag zips and has a shoulder strap, although I would like a longer shoulder strap and probably a little bit smaller sized bag.  I'm also not a big fan of the gold zippers, etc.

(5) Le Sample Kahlo Embroidered Racerback Tank $38



I love this tank.  The cut in the front is so cute, and I like the racerback.  The length is good too.  And I really like the yellow!  So as of right now, this is my keeper.


 So I'm still undecided about the pants (2), but I know that I will definitely keep the tank (5).

If you have any questions about Stitch Fix, feel free to ask me.  I think I need a couple more boxes to figure everything out, but the whole process is fun yet stressful at the same time.  I have to decide what I want to send back by Tues, so any feedback would be appreciated!  And again, if you decide you want to give it a try, click here!  I'm having fun playing dress up!

No comments:

Post a Comment